Midweek Summer Escape to Newport, Rhode Island
It's summer and we know you're tempted to extend your weekend stay (or play hooky and sneak away midweek) for a few days. Of course, we encourage those kinds of "larks" here at our Newport hotel!
Our manager, Meg, even crafted the perfect Newport midweek itinerary for you! Book your room at the Attwater now and let us help you with the details.
- Enjoy a leisurely brunch at one of Newport's best new restaurants, Stoneacre Pantry.
- Take a drive over to Norman Bird Sanctuary and walk the gorgeous trails of their wildlife refuge.
- On your way back, stop at Second Beach and take a surf lesson or rent a stand up paddle board from Rhody Surf.
- Get your fill of the freshest seafood around at Scales and Shells, an uncomplicated eatery on Thames Street. If you’re feeling a little fancier, try The Mooring on the deck for a waterfront meal.
- Linger over breakfast in our coffee cafe. How long has it been since you've sat and read that novel?
- Hop aboard the Lyra for your 2 hour private sail around Newport Harbor. Looking for something more adventurous? How about a parasail or helicopter tour?
- Don’t miss a cup of clam chowder at The Black Pearl for an afternoon snack.
- Check out the sunset on the Lawn at Castle Hill. You're on a getaway, so we recommend you enjoy a cocktail (or two).
- Indulge in an exciting culinary experience at one of Newport’s most fabulous new restaurants. The Revolving Door features a new guest chef regularly, sit at the bar among the open kitchen and watch the magic happen.
- Start your day with a work out in our new fitness room or in a yoga session at Newport Power Yoga. Try the all levels community class at 9:30am. Make sure to pick up a refreshment afterward at Empire Tea and Coffee under the studio.
- Grab some bikes or a scoot coupe at Mansion Rentals and head down to Gooseberry Beach for the day. Pick up some sandwiches at Blue Rocks Market on your way.
- Head down to Benjamin’s Raw Bar on Thames Street for dollar oysters and a Bloody Mary for a nice afternoon pick-me-up.
- Be prepared for a fine dining experience including the freshest local ingredients and a modern twist for dinner at Tallulah on Thames.
- Head over to Newport Blues Café at 9 pm for live music featuring a local Newport or New England-based group, such as the Felix Brown Band.
- Take a morning walk on the Cliff Walk.
- Get whisked away in a Mercedes for a custom private tour of the island with Newport Tour and Guide. They’ll show you everything and anything you want to see including our famed historic mansions during your 2 hour ride.
- Grab a burger and a craft beer at Mission, the best burger around. The falafel is not to be missed for vegetarians.
- Walk over to a 7 pm wine pairing class at Le Petite Gourmet on Bellevue Ave where you’ll enjoy light snacks and learn about pairing fine wines with food.
- Practice your newly acquired knowledge at Fluke Wine Bar with a menu of beautifully crafted and locally sourced small plates. The crispy oysters dish is our one of our favorites.